1. What did you do in 2009 that you'd never done before?
Moved to Seattle. That was pretty much the big slow process of the year, stemming from events that accumulated last Christmas. After that big ordeal, it was like all of my progress was lumped into the latter half of the year. I learned the basics of cooking and how to do a LOT of everyday things that I otherwise took for granted. I took the bus by myself, conquered many fears concerning exploring my surroundings without being accompanied. I completed a detailed costume, learned to knit, and came more to terms with "myself" on an independent basis, and I like it. c:
2. Did you keep your new years' resolutions, and will you make more for next year?
Didn't reall make any for last year. Two years prior, I didn't meet the goal of keeping a sketch journal throughout the year, although I tried. I got stressed over trying to put TOO much effort into making "completed" drawings every day of the year, which caused me to drop it. I'm starting anew on that this year, and making it more of a simple art journal; I'll draw some things that are on my mind, keep it rough and freeform, and just write small entries, more like a traditional journal. Less like a big art commitment, more like a thought input station. c:
Oh, and I resolve to floss daily.
3. Did anyone close to you give birth?
Nope. NO BABIES.
4. Did anyone close to you die?
No. There were more deaths of relationships and eras in my life that happened this year, which can be just as sad, in a way.
5. What countries did you visit?
The glorious empire of Portland, Oregon.
6. What would you like to have in 2010 that you lacked in 2009?
A college education, or the start of one. Maybe a driver's license? More money, to be shallow.
7. What date from 2009 will remain etched upon your memory, and why?
I guess I'll say PAX, if I just have to pick one. It was wonderful just having a completely GOOD time with Lai, costuming, and first meeting the friends I have here now. c:
8. What was your biggest achievement of the year?
Moving away from Texas, and learning to just GET ON with my life.
9. What was your biggest failure?
Putting little/no effort into getting a driver's license, again, and still not having one. B|
10. Did you suffer illness or injury?
Got sick a few times, even to the point of calling in a day or so to miss work, and being sent home once since I just looked SO BAD, neither of which had happened before.
11. What was the best thing(s) you bought?
Probably my Intuos 4 tablet, which was also the most expensive individual thing I bought this year. I LOVE IT.
12. Whose behavior merited celebration?
Both Lai and I got better at dealing with things outright, and being more assertive towards our goals, and in taking action at getting things done.
13. Whose behavior made you appalled and depressed?
Lai's dad, my parents. Lol.
14. Where did most of your money go?
FOOD, RENT, RANDOM SHIT. My expensive-ass tablet. B|
15. What did you get really, really, really excited about?
GOING TO VALVE!
16. What song will always remind you of 2009?
Neko Case - "Red Tide", and The Faint - "Mirror Error"
17. Compared to this time last year, are you:
i. happier? Definitely. Every day I wake up, I have something warm and beautiful to make me glad I'm here. </sappy>
ii. thinner or fatter? Maybe a bit more buff. :flex:
iii. richer or poorer? Perhaps a BIT richer. Definitely so when considering quality of life.
18. What do you wish you'd done more of?
Riding my bike, learning to drive. General traveling and exploring.
19. What do you wish you'd done less of?
Putting things off, even daily tasks, like cleaning, etc.
20. How did you spend Christmas?
With Lai. We made fajitas, watched Venture Bros., ate sweet things.
21. I don't know what happened to 21.
22. Did you fall in love in 2009?
Yes, with... how awesome I am. B] (I was already in love, hah.)
23. How many one-night stands?
24. What was your favorite TV program?
Venture Bros. GO TEAM VENTURE!
25. Do you hate anyone now that you didn't hate this time last year?
Not really. Some people aggravate me more than they did, but I don't really HATE anyone.
26. What was the best book you read?
27. What was your greatest musical discovery?
Definitely Neko Case.
28. What did you want and get?
Moving out, and more friends. c:
29. What did you want and not get?
Any closer monetarily to going to college. PET CHICKENS.
30. What was your favorite film of this year?
Big tie-up between District 9 and Avatar. BOTH ARE SO AMAZING.
31. What did you do on your birthday?
WENT TO THE AQUARIUM AND ATE LATE-NIGHT CUPCAKES.
32. What one thing would have made your year immeasurably more satisfying?
33. How would you describe your personal fashion concept in 2009?
34. What kept you sane?
35. Which celebrity/public figure did you fancy the most?
I don't fucking know, I don't pay attention to celebrities. HANK AND DEAN VENTURE.
36. What political issue stirred you the most?
I suppose my sudden realism and hatred for the sexism still blatantly embedded in modern America.
37. Who did you miss?
My cat. :( She's still back in Texas with my dad, but I'll get to see her in January.
38. Who was the best new person you met?
SPORK, HOLLY, MILKU, TONY, FRISKA. THESE ARE ALL ONE PERSON, APPARENTLY.
39. Tell us a valuable life lesson you learned in 2009?
Life is better when it's your own, and not a reflection of someone else's expectations.
40. Quote a song lyric that sums up your year.
"Pick up that rock, drink from that lake.
I do my best but I'm made of mistakes.
Yes, there are still things I'm still quite sure of:
I love you this hour, this hour today,
and Heaven will smell like the airport -
but I may never get there to prove it,
so let's not waste our time thinking how that ain't fair.
I'm an animal, you're an animal too."
Neko Case - "I'm an Animal"
Current Mood: introspective